FWH 005: How to Build Systems in Your Business (even if you’re overwhelmed)
Let’s talk systems and workflows that make your life easy in your business! You might not have started to think about these systems but in creating a sustainable business, this is a part that you’ll want to focus a little of your attention so you can get to the fun parts!
If you’re a creative you probably have all the ideas in your head. Notebooks full of possibilities and inspiration. All the things that you need to know to run your business is all up in your head too.
Whether you’re working by yourself or working with a team, it’s important to start drawing up these systems so you can create consistency in your business.
Why should I create systems? I’m just a solopreneur or have a small team.
I can’t tell you WHY you should create systems besides saying that so many people regret not starting this process sooner. Doing it bit by bit is so much easier than having to do it in one fell swoop. You might want to create these systems because:
- Maternity leave
- Taking a vacation
- Because you hold all the keys to the castle
- It saves precious brain juice and it’s more effective to open up a system and follow it than to create something from scratch
You’ve come in contact with systems and workflows if you’ve purchased anything from Ikea or worked in retail and there were steps to follow. Taking the time to write what might seem like the tedious steps, you’ll be able to follow them in the future!
We’re answering these questions in this week’s episode:
- Whether there is a difference between processes, standard operating procedures, systems, tools, softwares, workflow?
- How do I create systems in my business?
- What systems should I document?
We have created a gift for you!
I created a worksheet for you that will help you create systems even if you are feeling overwhelmed!
Grab the How to Create Systems Even if you’re Overwhelmed worksheet by texting FWH005 to 44222 or clicking the button below.
Sustainable Habit Builder of the Day:
Small Steps Now Will Pay off Later! Below are some workflows you can create in your business:
- Create a list for all the things you could document. This is the MASTER list. You want to have that on hand. Spend some time brainstorming this list.
- Prioritize the things that are on the Master List and figure out when you’ll want to sit down to accomplish the task of documenting a system. I’d schedule a 30 minute block of time to do that.
- Open up the doc where the process will be housed and go for it. If you want to invite a friend and have them document while you talk through it, that can work! If you’re by yourself, you can turn on the Voice Typing option in google docs, definitely use that!
Leave us a Review
Did you enjoy this episode? It would mean so much to me if you’d leave a rating and review on itunes. It helps me get into more ears of amazing people like you and to be able to encourage others to share their you’ness! Go to your podcast app (if you’re listening on an iphone) and type in fueled with heart podcast and click on it. Once you do you can scroll down to where you see “write a review” and you can leave a review for me! 🙂
Leave us a rating and review. I am shameless asking for it on CEP but I truly create everything in my business for YOU, so your feedback (and encouragement, since I’m a total Words of Affirmation person in the 5 love languages).
I love interacting with you on Instagram. Tag me @reinaandcompany and #fueledwithheart to let me know what you’re loving! I’m also going to be choosing people to win giveaway prizes! Side note, are you using the #fueledwithheart hashtag? I love engaging with y’all! Keep it up!
I’m cheering you on your way to success!