#1: Most Downloaded Episode of ALL TIME: Jillian Smith | How to Get Organized In Your Business
Reina and Christina talk to Jillian Smith of OneTouch Events, LLC during this episode of the Creative Empire Podcast. Jillian is a boss at getting organized and staying on task. She shares her top tips and favorite tools for getting organized and how to develop systems that work for you. Also included in this episode are how to find opportunities that are different than what you’re currently getting and how to develop your company’s core values.
- How Jillian organizes her business now and what it looked like when she first started
- What Jillian’s favorite organizational tools are
- How to develop systems that work for you
- How Jillian incorporated international travel into her business
- How to find opportunities that are different than the ones you currently have
- How Jillian strategizes with her clients + how she organizes that strategy
- How to develop your company’s core values
#2: Ali Edwards | How to Craft a Business with Intention
Reina and Christina interview Ali Edwards, creator of memory keeping products and classes, this Creative Empire podcast episode. Ali talks about always connecting everything she puts out back to her reason why, how she is very intentional in everything she does, and why she prefers slow growth. During this conversation, the trio discuss thinking ahead in launch strategy and share tips on how to authentically share your story with your audience.
- What One Little Word is and what Ali’s word for this year is
- How Ali uses her website to get her customers to focus on certain projects
- How to create & use a launch strategy
- How to intentionally create products/classes that matter to you
- Why Ali encourages everyone to connect with their reason why
- How Ali’s business has evolved
- What tips Ali has for people wanting to authentically share their story with their audience
#3: Kelly Newsome Georges | How to Find Your Authentic Purpose
Joining Reina and Christina for this episode of the Creative Empire Podcast is Kelly Newsome Georges, a former-lawyer-turned-birth and postpartum teacher. Kelly shares her winding path to finding her authentic purpose in life and what activities people can do to help them find theirs. She reveals that moving closer to authenticity can help us move closer to living a life we love (and gain us ideal clients in the process!) It can be kind of scary being authentic, so Kelly also shares how to not be so resistant to fear + why you can’t get rid of all fear.
- How the journey to finding her purpose followed a non-linear path
- What 3 activities are that help you grow closer to finding your purpose
- How women business owners can help facilitate the transition from woman to mother
- How to deal with people who are unkind to you
- Why building up to success slowly is better than overnight success
- How authenticity can help us live a life we love (and gain us ideal clients too!)
- How to not resist fear so much and why you can’t get rid of all fear
#4: Rhiannon Bosse | How to Define Your Own Version of Success
Reina and Christina’s guest this episode is Rhiannon Bosse, founder of Rhiannon Bosse and the Trouvaille Workshop. The trio have an honest conversation that addresses a few issues in our creative community today, such as copying others’ work, defining success in others’ terms, and our business running our life instead of the other way around. Listen to this episode and learn how to find your own voice, define your own version of success, and set boundaries.
- What some of the hallmarks are of doing business the right way
- How to find your own style/voice
- Why we need to give ourselves permission to change
- How, as an entrepreneur, to prepare for becoming a parent
- How to build a business that supports the life you want to live
- What mistakes Rhiannon has made around setting boundaries
- How Rhiannon loves on her clients
- How being a mom + her relationship with her own mother help her serve her clients
- How community is a good thing, but needs to be moderated in our lives
- Why working hard for what you get is a good thing
#5: Vanessa Velez | How to Brand Your Photography Business
This episode of the Creative Empire Podcast, Reina and Christina are joined by destination wedding photographer and intentional brand strategist Vanessa Velez. She gives practical tips and advice this episode for photographers and non-photographers alike on branding and visual strategy. Vanessa curates a beautiful online presence through her website and social media and shares how she does so.
- How Vanessa’s background in marketing has helped make her a successful destination wedding photographer
- What changes she’s seen in the photography industry in the past ten years
- How Instagram has helped her business + how she’s grown her Instagram following
- How knowing the client you want is helpful + how to figure them out
- What photographers who are struggling to book anybody should do
- What happens when you have a really strong visual branding strategy
- What 3 practical tips she has for people to take their client experience up a level
- What Vanessa’s secret is to curating such a visual presence
- What non-photographers can do to improve their Instagram feed + captions
#6: Ashlyn Carter | The 5 Things Your About Me Page Needs
Reina + Christina are joined this episode by Ashlyn Carter, who discusses in depth the 5 things your business about page needs. She outlines a little about the possibilities that story telling holds, what copywriting actually is, and why/when/where they should hire a copywriter. Next Ashlyn discusses the role that vulnerability can play in a business and the baby steps a newbie can start taking to implement vulnerability in their lives. Lastly she shares the advice she would give her former self who hadn’t taken the leap yet.
- How there’s power and investment when a consumer’s world view aligns with a brand’s story
- What the 5 parts to a great business about page are
- What a good copywriter should do + where to find them
- How to be vulnerable and still be seen as a professional
- How to cultivate more vulnerability in life
#7: Laura Joseph | How to Create Meaningful Client Relationships
On this episode of the Creative Empire Podcast Laura Joseph of Paper & Honey discusses creating meaningful client relationships. She firstly talks about transitioning from her 9-5 to take her side hustle full time. She elaborates on how she took this leap of faith, creates what she loves, and continues to be fearless in what she wants as a creative. Laura explains how to find your ideal client and then truly connect with them. She talks about how she moves with what clients want and need from her, without compromising her integrity or vision.
- How to transition from your 9-5 to taking your side hustle full time
- How to move with what clients want and need from you (without compromising)
- How to take the leap of faith and create what you love
- How to find your ideal clients and truly connect with them
- How to be fearless in what you want as a creative
#8: Katie Selvidge | Living with Intention, Learning from Fear
This episode interview Katie Selvidge of Cottage Hill Magazine about living and making decisions intentionally, and learning from fear. Katie is all about being intentional with time, money and resources, listen in on how she achieves this. Besides intention, Katie’s other main highlight this episode is about the role fear plays in business and how to overcome and even learn from fear. Linked with understanding fear is how courage plays its role in creative entrepreneurship. Katie goes on to talk about how much of fear is linked with shaming, and how it’s not the failure that we fear, but rather what others will think. Katie relates this to mom-shaming as well. Finally Katie ends with how you should honor your truth and how, despite living in the middle-of-nowhere, you can network and be present.
- How to be intentional about our time, money and resources
- What role fear plays in your business and life
- How courage plays its role in creative entrepreneurship
- How to overcome shaming (specifically mom-shaming)
- How to network and be successful (despite living in the middle-of-nowhere)
- Why you should honor your truth (and why it’s the key to your success!)
#9: Emily Ley | How to Cultivate a Life of Grace, Not Perfection
Joining Reina and Christina this episode is Emily Ley, creator of the Simplified Planner and the book Grace, Not Perfection. Emily reveals how she has embraced grace, not perfection in her own life and what it has done for her personally. She shares how to find your own version of “enough” and live with imperfect grace as well. Emily also has great insights on working from home and taking care of kids, building a debt free business, and how to answer when people ask what you do for a living.
- How grace gives you permission to just be yourself
- How to manage being a mom + working at home
- How to build a business without debt
- Why community is important + where to find creative business owner friends
- How to figure out an answer to the question “What do you do for a living?”
#10: Jenni Brown and Sophie Davies | How to Develop a Compelling Brand Narrative
Joining Reina and Christina today are Jennie Brown and Sophie Davies, from Prim’d Marketing. The duo are chatting about brand narratives and why your business should have one. The duo dive right in, chatting about their business and how they work together. Together, the group discusses defining and re-defining your brand messaging and how others can help you. Jennie and Sophie share the four ways that a business can find a unique value proposition: customer niche, brand packaging, your style or personality, and price.